Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On the Seventh Day, God rested.

It may not be the seventh day, but I've been taking a break since the hellish firestorm series of tests finished last Thursday.

After a few days of lounging around and finishing up R. Scott Bakker's The Darkness that Comes Before, Nicole and I will board a plane at 7 tomorrow morning, and wing out way first to Puerto Rico, then to Panama, and finally, we will land in Buenos Aires!

Today, we purchased a few books for next semester (mostly pharmacology and pathology), and sat out on the upper deck registering with the state department.

How sweet it is to have nothing to do -I finally got to read a bit, and am anticipating starting Elantris; I got to watch a few movies, including Hellboy 2, Taken, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding; and we've had the luxury of some much needed gym time.

Mini 3 grades came out yesterday. I must say - neuroscience unexpectedly spanked me - but I still might end up with an A in the class. This was a good semester for me overall - it looks like I'll have the option of being an anatomy TA, and, if the shelves don't lower things too much, I should still come out with some pretty decent grades.

I'm going to have to start thinking in Spanish - time to tango!

No comments: