Monday, August 4, 2008

Just checking in

I don't have any rant today - no news, nothing interesting. I just thought I'd check in. I spent all weekend studying for the three practicals we have coming up, and only remembered at the end that I do, in fact, have all of my other classes to worry about. In fact, towarsd the middle of this month, I'm going to have 9 tests in a span of about 2 weeks. I'm having to do some reasearch on the breakdown of the Shelf exams, but word on the street is that they don't really hurt, and that we should focus our attention towards making sure we greedily gather up as many points as possible for mini 3 - cruelly placed at the end of this scholastic marathon.

As Nicole and I made our way back from the study space last night, these littel fellows caught my eye.

Yes that is, in fact, a land crab up on the wall, which was higher than my head. Only in this Dominica... I was wondering how he got up there - until I saw his friend.

I don't really know how to comment on this - maybe they were bored. That's the most interesting thing going on in my life right now - that and air sinuses in the head. These last few weeks are going to be a battle of wills, essentially. It's getting towards the end of the semester, and I'm already getting tired. I'd like nothing more than to sit and home and read R. Scott Bakker's The Darkness that Comes Before, since I've kind of paused in the middle of Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy, but I've got to blindly focus on all things medical for the next few weeks - then it's off to Argentina! That's my carrot.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Your such a good student and doing so well. You've got nothing to worry about in the next couple weeks. Good Job Honey!! Oh, the crabs were scary not exciting!