Friday, September 11, 2009

Nose to the Grindstone

I've got a little over two months to review 2 years worth of information. A few weeks in, and I'm sick of it already - I've got to slog through all of the stuff I didn't pay enough attention to the first time around. It's going much more quickly this time, and I can't say I can complain too much; the Kaplan center's not a terrible place, the review materials are decent, and Miami's not that bad. I take it back; I'm not sick of it - I'm just sleep deprived. Already.

On another note, Annie Le's disappearance is exceedingly wierd. When a young woman disappears so close to impending nuptials, everyone thinks it's just cold feet. However, a few things make this case damn strange:
1. There is a 100-man task force looking for this girl. She's not a diplomat or a star - what gives?

2. No one from her family has said anything to the press. There has been no "please send our little girl/finace' back".

3. One doesn't just disappear if one is pursuing a doctorate at Yale.

4. The mysterious fire alarm?

5. The mysterious class cancellation

All of this leads me to believe that there is some very large, very significant piece of information that law enforcement is holding onto.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I agree. I'm already in need of sleep despite my best efforts to sleep well. I don't know how we lived though the island. I'm so tired already.