Saturday, January 2, 2010

Now I can read the signs.

I went and got my glasses today - mom and Grandmom helped me pick them out before mom's hair appointment. I must have tried on 30 or so pairs - I don't think it was that many, but I wasn't planning on wearing them all the time. So, I decided on the pair above after deep-sixing a pair with very interesting frames, but too-loose arms. After that, I left the boys and Grandmom in the food court, and headed off to Starbucks to read and await the completion of my corrective lenses. While thumbing through Emotions Revealed, this guy who worked there came up to me, and asked what I was reading. We got to chatting, and it turned out he'd moved down to Harlingen with his wife and 4 month old daughter from Houston, where he worked at this really hippie-sounding cofee shop, and was eager to get the same sorta thing started here. After that, I went back and picked up my frames - and was shocked at the difference. I stole the picture from pfsk.com, to illustrate my myopia. That's honestly what it's like, but it's not something I really noticed; I knew that my far vision was going, but not until I was presented with the alternative (switching back and forth between my new lenses and the naked eye while looking across the mall) was the difference so clear. I won't wear them all the time, but I'm certainly going to take advantage of my upgraded vision.

No comments: