Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All doors open...

Today in our large group session (the mandatory didactic cluster plopped into the middle of our week like a lemon on a highway - completely disrupting the flow of things), we had a lecture from an Obstetrician on the CPR (clerkships, profession, and residency) or obstetrics-gynecology. Now, when I speak of my future, I generally say that (1) I don't think family medicine is for me - I want to have a deep responsibility, (2) I don't think I want to limit my practice to children and (3) I don't have any interest in OB-GYN. Well, the doc today said that, back when he was med student, he'd basically said the same things. I guess that just goes to show that, especially from the standpoint of someone who hasn't done those clerkships yet, I can't really rule anything out.

I've always thought of male OB-GYN's as the teensiest bit odd, but apparently, there's a need for them.

We give our Spanish presentation tonight (I had to keep it short and sweet because of Nicole's newness to the language), and then I've got a paper to wrap up - that'll be it before the final next week.

No comments: