Monday, May 18, 2009

CBSSA

We had the CBSSA (comprehensive basic sciences shelf exam) - The Comp - today, as a right, rousing "welcome, y'all!" to 5th semester. It was a beast, but Nicole and I put in 2 solid weeks of all out, nothin' but, study time. It was just as well - a lot of the topics in which I felt weak showed up in force. Surprisingly, though, I heard whispers that, since this test has such a high failure rate, many people simply didn't bother studying this time, choosing instead to put their efforts towards the end of this semester, when study time will be more plentiful than a few fretful days after the firestorm of fourth semester finals. You know what I say to that? I say that sometimes I'm disgusted that these people will one day be my peers. What good is a doctor who only attends to what he or she feels is important? Not my doctor - those are the folks who make us all (by us I mean Caribbean med students, and people in general) look bad. At least we tried - and I hope it pays off.

No comments: