Thursday, June 19, 2008

The games we Play

Most of the ones I play are in my head - I'm having to secondarily live vicariously through myself...if that makes any sense. I haven't really gotten a break - the first mini-exam was on Monday, and grades came out today. I did alright, but we have our neuroscience practicum tomorrow. I took a practice test yesterday, and another one today, and while I could walk in there and do fine, I'd like to grab my grades by the scruff of the neck and yank 'em up to where they oughta be. It's similar to the heart - I felt that I should understand all things cardiac because Dad's an interventional cardiologist - and I feel like I should be doing better than everyone else in neurosci because I cut open sheep brains as part of my major. Anyway, not having a break has pushed something deep down in my psyche to take little unscheduled recesses, like an antsy little kid. I'm studying for this neurosci practical, and in the thoracic cord central gray, I see an alien cat. Seriously. When I'm looking at the midbrain, I can't help but see a fetal mouse. Trust me - there's a moth in the shape of the rostral medulla (actually I see moths everywhere - have you ever seen a uterus?). Seriously...it can't be just me...I mean...don't you see the demon pig too?

No comments: